Monday, October 26, 2015

::Galey:: Family

One of my closest friends here in Germany asked me to take her family pictures for this year's Christmas card.... and I nervously obliged.  For a very sometime picture-taker who has never taken family portraits before.... 'nervous' is an understatement.  

But I mean, there isn't much that I wouldn't do for a friend who endures the pain of stillbirth too, loves me no matter my makeup or bra situation, and drinks wine with me on a weekly basis.  She's the kind of friend you would do anything for.



My favorite.


This little family chose Burg Lichtenberg for their backdrop for family pictures and it was the perfect place for fall pictures!  Eric, Isabelle, and I brought Journey here last week to scope it out, so I had an idea of what I had to work with, but even in one week the colors had changed so much!
I thought that it would be better to meet in the morning because sunlight in Germany is hard to come by this time of year, and I thought the morning would be our best chance at seeing the sun.  

I was wrong.  It was cloudy and gloomy, per usual.  

But whatever, I put my game face on and headed to Burg Lichtenberg (dragging my poor husband with me, even though he knows absolutely nothing about family portraits and thinks that my pictures are great no matter what how they turn out.  But the man calms my nerves and makes me feel more confident just by looking at me.  I couldn't do this without him).





Look at that face!


Another favorite!



It's been more than a decade since Isabelle was a rambunctious toddler and I had forgotten how fast teeny toddler legs are!  Man, if they could somehow bottle up the energy produced by running toddlers we might be able to run our cities à la Monsters Inc!  
I've gotten better with working with, and understanding, natural lighting, but I have a lot to learn about shutter speed and reducing the amount of blur created by a toddler with super fast teeny legs.  Basically, all the pictures I got of this little fella was... pure luck.

Germany is stunning this time of year!  If you haven't seen Germany at this time of year for yourself you wouldn't believe my poor description of it!  It's just too gorgeous for words!  I wanted to bring out the colors of the scenery but struggled with it being cloudy and gloomy, but even so, I'm really happy with how these came out!  

For my first time ever, I think they're not bad!  





Amateur, still?  Yup.  
Do I have a lot to learn?  Yup!  
Am I wanting this to become a business?  NO!!!!!  

But am I proud of them?  Yes, very very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment