Monday, November 2, 2015

::Paine:: Family

I had every intention of doing 'Capture Your Grief' like I did in 2013, I even got a bunch of really great pictures that captured my interpretation of my healing for each category.  But, the next thing I knew it was Halloween and I only had a little over half the project finished.  I considered posting it even though it wasn't finished, because I was really proud of the pictures I did manage to take, but the perfectionist in me just couldn't post a partially done project.  
I am really disappointed!  And it's going to take a little while for my brain to stop itching, because when I set my mind to something I almost always follow through!  

I hope that Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month was gentle on you.  For me, it was..... fine, I guess.  I got to share my story in a 15 minute speech at the LRMC Candlelight Remembrance Ceremony, and then again at a 'Moms of Preschoolers' monthly meeting whose topic for October was 'how to support a friend going through miscarriage/stillbirth/infant loss,' but other than that I felt myself distracting myself from my grief like I do when it gets overwhelming.  I'm figuring that I have unresolved issues from our last miscarriage and the loss of all possible hope.  It's either I distract myself for a little while, or get angry.... and I'm trying really hard not to waste my energy on anger.

Thank goodness for friends, though!  Christina is the owner of Little Hoot Birth Services and is who I offer birth photography through.  Christina knows how to lift the darkness when I'm feeling sad.  She asked me if I'd be willing to take her family pictures for her Christmas card this year and I thought that since my first attempt at family pictures turned out nicely, I wouldn't mind trying it again!  

Just like Tiffany, Christina is the kind of friend you'd do anything for.




This little fella was even faster than the little fella from last week, but what made this little fella even trickier is that he had zero interest in getting his picture taken.  And no matter how silly I think I might be.... when you don't want your picture taken, you don't want your picture taken.... silly lady in your face or not.  So most of the pictures I got of him are when he was running straight for me to either show me something, or to point and look directly into the lens of my camera.
But tricky or not, I think we managed to get a few nice pictures that I think will be great for a Christmas card!










  

No comments:

Post a Comment