Saturday, May 2, 2015

What Is It Like?

For those of you that have 13 year old sons... what is it like?  

Does he have headphones on all the time and not listen to anything you say?  Is his room a disaster?  Is he silly or is he serious?  Is he in sports and leave dirty sports things all over the house?  What kind of sports do 13 year olds play, anyway?  Is he protective of his little sister, or is she just the most annoying person on the face of the planet?  Does he roll his eyes a lot and have a girlfriend yet?  What's his favorite color?  Does he eat you out of house and home?  What does he want to be when he grows up?  

......Does he love his mama?

Tell me... is having a 13 year old son wonderfully frustrating?  Or maybe mostly frustrating? 

Or maybe just.... wonderful?


I wish I knew.


My son died 13 years ago.  On May 3, 2002 at 6:05 p.m, after 33 hours of labor, a love I never knew was possible breezed right through the broken, jagged shards of my spirit and settled into a piece of my heart God had made just for my son.  My arms filled with love as the hospital room filled with death, and my first child laid there....beautiful, peaceful... still.

He had blue eyes.... just like mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment