Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Depeche Mode!

I had totally planned on losing my voice at the Depeche Mode concert so that I could start this blog post with something like...  "Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm...." and then explain how totally fitting that song is because I had lost my voice screaming at the concert the entire night.  But I didn't lose my voice.  So, I have no idea how to start this blog post except just by saying:  I SAW DEPECHE MODE IN MANNHEIM LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!



Not only did I spend the evening screaming at an 80's band, but I got to scream right along side an amazing friend!   Have you ever met someone and immediately connected with them?  I've been blessed to have that happen several times (and even married one of the people that happened with), which is pretty much what happened with Kristy.  She's one of the sweetest, most positive people I have ever met, and the world needs more Kristy's!  


The concert was a FULL HOUSE!  Kristy and I had a blast!!  But I don't think we had as much fun as the couple sitting next to us or the dude behind Kristy.  For one entire song I couldn't tell you if the couple next to me were clothed or not (I couldn't get myself to look to be sure), and the dude behind Kristy dumped a beer or two onto her coat and all down her back, and didn't miss a drop of it.  But hey, I guess Depeche Mode will do that to ya.





So I didn't lose my voice or have a good way to start this blog post, and I don't really have a good way to end it, so I'll just end with another awesome Depeche Mode song lyric:  "It's getting hotter, It's a burning love.  And I just can't seem to get enough of...  And when it rains you're shining down for me.  And I just can't get enough.  And I just can't get enough.  Just like a rainbow you know you set me free.  And I just can't get enough.  And I just can't get enough."  

No comments:

Post a Comment