Monday, February 17, 2014

Settled. For Real This Time

I broke many a nail this weekend but we are moved!  It's been a long week and I'm glad it's over!  I think I deserve a manicure.  

Since I go batty when my house is cluttered, I've been working on getting as much put away as possible, even though I am completely exhausted.  But, I won't feel like I'm at home until my pictures are back on the walls and things are back in their place, and I for sure won't be able to relax.  I've got a good start, but I've got a ways to go still.  The downstairs is almost finished....







I've still got two larger pieces to hang back up on my walls and I need some candles for my candle holder, but I'm really happy with how everything looks!  

Now, the stairs and entire 2nd level are a different story....






And this is what makes me go crazy!  Clutter!  But I'm a perfectionist, so I've been working on one area of the house at a time until every little thing is back in it's place.  I'll get to the upstairs this week, but if I wasn't so totally exhausted this would have been done (or at the very least, started) already.

Once I get everything put away I'll try to show you our new house a little better....I'm thinking maybe a video...?  I'm not sure yet, but I've got lots of unpacking to do still and a special girls birthday to concentrate on first.  
Eric & I had a really great experience living on the economy, but since we've moved on-post all of the stress we never knew we were feeling is gone!  Everything feels exactly right, right now.  We are settled!  For real this time!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are moved in. Can't wait to be there this summer! Miss you guys - Hugs, Shilo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are excited to see you guys!! Just give us an idea of where you'd like to go and what you're hoping to see while y'all are here {the options are endless!}. Miss you all too!

      Delete