Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Schnell's Do Salsa!

Tonight, Eric and I went to a salsa dance class!  I've never been salsa dancing, mainly because I can't dance, so I didn't know the first thing about it.  So since I didn't know the first thing about salsa dancing the most important question was naturally.....

What do you wear to go salsa dancing?!


This is what I decided on.  Leopard print, my favorite color, and boots with a little heel seemed like the perfect choice!

There really isn't much to tell you about salsa dancing.  Since I can't dance I just interpreted whatever the instructor said to what my feet would actually do.  In my head I looked just like Cheryl Burke from 'Dancing With the Stars,' but in real life I'm sure I actually looked like Elaine from 'Seinfeld.'



Of course I took my camera with me, but I've got a lot to learn still!  I haven't used it enough to get the hang of it, so I got pretty frustrated.  I couldn't get any of my pictures to come out without using the flash which was way too bright.  I only got a few OK pictures out of the entire evening.


See what I mean about the flash?  I really need to figure it out by tomorrow since we're going to the Tulip Festival in the Netherlands.  I'll be way more than just frustrated if I don't get any good pictures of the flowers.

We had fun doing something different!  It didn't matter that I can't dance, it turned out that Eric was sort of a natural!  He just moved me to where ever he needed me to move and didn't mind for one second that I stepped on his toes.  He was his usual goofy self which made me laugh and not care how ridiculous I'm sure I looked.  I definitely used muscles that haven't been used since... probably birth, so I'm sure that means I should do stuff like salsa dance more often.
  
We had to leave a little early because Isabelle called and had locked herself out of the house (that kid I tell ya!!) and was waiting at our neighbors house.  I seriously don't know what we'd do without our neighbor!  Oh, and by the way...salsa dancing is a type of dance that has Cuban and Puerto Rican influences but originated in New York, in case you were wondering.  It looks super sexy.... if you aren't watching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment