Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

John 11:25-26  Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

HAPPY EASTER, Y'ALL!!!  I've always loved Easter, but especially since Eric and I have grown in our Faith these last few years, I love Easter even more.  I love the spring weather, and that summer break is just around the corner!  Don't you?

Isabelle is getting a little too old for some of the kiddie Easter festivities so we didn't dye any eggs this year, but she still gets an Easter basket, and I don't think that's something I'll ever stop doing for her.  
She did participate in an Easter egg hunt with her friends here on-post where we live.  The kids were separated into age groups to make the hunting more fair.  There were kids and parents everywhere, so Eric and I sat on a hill and I took pictures.  I sensed that the dynamics for hunting eggs for the 11-12 year old age group was bordering on Hunger Games, so Eric and I felt that getting out of the way was best for our survival.

Readyyyyy....seeet.....GO!






The state that we live in, Rheinland-Pfalz, is a forest which makes the perfect terrain for an Easter egg hunt!  The trees and small hills are different from what we're used to in South Dakota!  Isabelle loved it!  






I've never understood turning an Easter basket into Christmas morning.  I'll be the first to tell you that I can go overboard with gifts on the people I love, but that's not what Easter is about and I completely disagree with Christmas-like gifts on Easter morning!  I keep Isabelle's basket pretty simple- just candy and craft stuff, usually.  And snacks for Eric- I had to improvise his with a gift bag.
Since none of our holiday decorations made it to Germany I had to do the best I could with decorations and basket goodies... pickins' were slim at the BX.









We're almost done with all of first holiday's here in Germany.  Mother's Day will be the last and then we'll have been here for a year already!  Holiday's here are just as special as they are at home and not that much different, well actually, Germans celebrate Easter with a 4-day weekend....those lucky ducks.  
Eric and I are thankful to be together, for our Faith in Christ Jesus, and for His love for us.  Wishing y'all a blessed day!

1 Peter 1:3 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."  


3 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying your blog for quite a while on and I've been dying to know if you ever experience the 'German life'.
    Like do you guys do any of your shopping in German stores and not on base? Just curious, because your easter candy looks all American and its definitely missing the typical chocolate bunny plus you'd find an easter basket in pretty much each supermarket….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo! Yes, we are experiencing so much of the 'German Life!' We do the majority of our shopping on the German economy but I dropped the ball on Easter this year and got my daughter's basket last minute on-base. But, next year I will for sure get the German goodies to put in her basket!
    And thanks for reading!! I hope you keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.
    I will keep reading. Maybe a post about how your 'American routine' differs from your 'German' one?
    I hope your personal 'deputing' you posted about beforehand will go over with smoothly and that you'll have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete