Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolution? No Thanks.

No New Year's resolution for this girl.  I've been making the same resolution since I was in high school which is the typical lose-weight-and-be-more-healthy intention.  I'm pretty good at keeping it too!  I try to stay healthy all year and when it's warm out you'll find me staying active.

But this year is different.  Eric and I will be apart for half of 2013 and then we will be moving to a different country.  Since I have absolutely no idea what those things will mean exactly, I can't mentally handle a commitment like a New Year's resolution.  Sure, I'll work on losing weight, drinking more water, and eating less junk because I always do anyway, but this year I'm not going to stress out about it.

The moving to a different country is what is especially intimidating.  There are so many things that we had never thought about before (I'll save the details for another blog post).  You're looking at a gal who thrives on routine and stability, big change stresses me out.  And stress makes me sleepy.

But I'm not complaining!  I am ecstatic with the opportunities our little family have been given!  Living in Europe is a dream come true!  I get giddy when I think of the places, museums, churches, and things my daughter will get to see and experience!  But until we're settled in Germany I'll pass on committing to a New Year's resolution....

No comments:

Post a Comment