Friday, March 8, 2013

...the icing on my cake.

Most of the time I feel like I'm in my 20's, I even catch myself dressing like it too, other days I feel as I imagine I will in my 60's, but today I feel... 33.  Today is MY birthday!!!

A brand new me.

Life hasn't always been easy but I am exactly where I am supposed to be.  I've given birth to the world's best kid, snagged the man of my dreams, graduated college, and will get to spend the next few years in Europe.  There's nothing else that I could ever want. 

I don't mind getting older one bit.  I'm more comfortable, more accepting, more observant, and calmer than I was 10 years ago.  I can honestly say that I have no regrets!  Anything that life has to give me from here on out, is just the icing on my cake.


Baby cleavage

Earlier this week I got to meet up with one of my oldest friends for dinner and met her boyfriend.  My mom came to visit the next night, she brought me flowers, a little cake, and took me and Isabelle out for supper.  But my actual birthday gift was this personalized padded camera strap!   Love love love it!


I'm missing my husband and wishing he was here (only 7 more weeks!!!).  But he didn't forget... he ordered me a new camera bag that came last week!  It has compartments for lenses, flashes, camera, can fit my laptop, and even has room for my wallet, car keys, etc...  It's perfect for hiking and traveling throughout Europe!  


Yesterday, my boss and co-workers celebrated with me by ordering a birthday lunch, I'll get to see my Dad for a bit this evening, and tonight, my best friends are coming to town to celebrate my birthday with a low-key girls weekend!   I really need this and I can not wait to see them!   And today I've spent my morning getting a manicure and pedicure.  

Birthdays are pretty great!

Google says that the number 3 typically symbolizes reward and success in most undertakings, joy of living, expressing self, enthusiasm, and optimism <--- and since I'm 33 I hope this means double of all of that!  


No comments:

Post a Comment